SIMOCODE now speaks EtherNet/IP! The proven motor management system adds a new communication interface for “SIMOCODE pro V: EtherNet/IP.”
In addition to PROFIBUS and PROFINET, OPC UA, and Modbus RTU, the EtherNet/IP capability offers a comprehensive solution to even more applications.
EtherNet/IP is an open, industrial Ethernet protocol whose standard is driven by the Open DeviceNet Vendor Association (ODVA). It is widely used in North America and Latin America in particular.
Other features of “pro V EIP” include:
- Two communication ports with integrated switch
- Supports redundancy mechanisms
- Ring structures via Device Level Ring (DLR)
- Integrated web server for diagnostics and analysis of measured values
- Additional Ethernet-based services such as Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Parameter assignment via SIMOCODE ES V14, the comprehensive software for parameterization, project administration and device diagnosis
- Assignment is via local device interface and Ethernet, so a completely graphical engineering is possible